Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Yo-Yo





Ever wanted to make a Yo-Yo?

We'll they are actually quite easy. My friend Emily once made me a wall hanging made entirely out of yo-yo's...I love it, and completely fell in love with yo-yo's, however it was a awhile before I tried them out myself....and I'm so glad I did.

Here's how to make your own yo-yo.

Cut a circle from fabric.


For a yo-yo flower make three fabric circles. Cups make good circle references.

fold the edge of the material over about a 1/4 of an inch.

sew a simple stitch all the way around....don't tie off your string on either end....the wider the stitch, the tighter the yo-yo inner circle will be will you pull the strings.


Pull strings and tie off string.


Ta-Da you made a yo-yo.



This tutorial was featured here on Sew What.


1 comment:

  1. I just learned to make Yo Yo's about a week ago, but this is a wonderful tutorial! I'd love to share a link to this tutorial on sewwhattoday.blogspot.com on February 13!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...just write anything!