Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Birthday Banner

My daughter turned 11 last week, while she was at school I decided to make a banner to have hanging in the living room for when she got home.






The project used up stuff I had at my home, if you have a lot of left over fabric, this is the perfect de-stasher!

Each 'flower' of the banner is made of three scallop circles. I have a Big Shot and scallop circle die, so this was super fast and easy (especially since you can cut through 8 layers of fabric at once!)







I placed two circles back to back so that the right side of the fabric was facing out, the third circle, I added a little fold vertically and horizontally then sewed them to my other two circles. The made a nice poufy flower looking thing.

I made tons of these!

Then I took all my flower poufs and sewed them to some ribbon (the ribbon I even got for free during sale-a-bration from Stampin' Up). Once I was all done I realized I had a lot more garland then I thought I had...I mean a lot more! So I kind of did a double loopy thing on the wall.








It's so bright and springy though that I cant quite bring myself to take it down yet!



1 comment:

  1. Okay...I would love to play with your sewing toys! This looks so daunting because I would have to hand cut every single one.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...just write anything!