Saturday, December 19, 2009

ruffle dish towel



High show stoppin' style!
The day after Christmas we have a family party at my grandparents house, everyone is supposed to bring a white elephant gift from home, since there arent many kids in my extended family, I told my kids instead of bringing a toy from home to exchange, they could each make something....Taran chose to decorate some dish towels.

I serged some 2"by WOF fabric strips for him...(sorry no 6 year old's on a serger with a super cutting knife)
Taran then made the long straight stitch to form the ruffle.

He pulled one thread to get the desired amount of pouff.

We pinned it on the towel.



He sewed this on too.

Here is the towel with the ruffles.


Then a little red ric rac made this towel high fashion!
This little dish towel was the feature of the day at the site Ruffles and Stuff, you can check out her cute site by clicking the button on the right. It was also featured here on Someday crafts, and also seen here on craft gossip....thanks guys! Also seen here on Sew What.

10 comments:

  1. Is that your son sewing these?? Now I'm really impressed! What a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a great idea to brighten up the ordinary towels..thanx for sharing..i liked your blog so added you, too. Visit my blog at http://kosmicchai.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute! I know some adults who who couldn't do that so it's amazing that your son can!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea and the little man is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute towels!! I featured your tutorial on Craft Gossip Sewing:
    http://sewing.craftgossip.com/tutorial-ruffled-dish-towels/2009/12/28/

    --Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I am impressed. A 6 year old sewing!He did a great job.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a really great idea also! I'd love to share a link to this tutorial on sewwhattoday.blogspot.com on February 19!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for one's marvelous posting! I definitely enjoyed reading it, you may be a great author. I will be sure to bookmark your blog and will come back very soon. I want to encourage you to definitely continue your great job, have a nice weekend!
    Visit my site Credit Repair Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everyone loves it whenever people get together and share ideas.
    Great site, stick with it!
    Look into my website ; electronic cigarette wholesale

    ReplyDelete
  10. Genuinely when someone doesn't be aware of then its up to other viewers that they will help, so here it happens.
    my web site :: heart burn remedy

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...just write anything!