Monday, September 20, 2010

Freezer paper stencil sewing bags


I have a little kids sewing and craft group. We meet once a week and do some little project. This week we made our sewing bags. The bags will stay at my house for the kids to keep the projects that they are working on in.


I made easy work of getting their names cut out of the freezer paper by running the freezer paper through my cricket!

Bright colored paints....




Here's the kids painting away.





Drying their creations...to speed up the process...



Finished bags. Way to go kids!




If you have never done freezer paper stenciling here is one link (no sense writting one, when there are so many tutorials out there). I used the one from Running with Scissors, because she has such a cute blog!




Love,

3 comments:

  1. Great idea! With school holidays coming up next week here in Australia, it's just what we need to stave off boredom one day. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well what a fun mommma you are! Are they kids from your ward?

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the link! These bags turned out so cute, and one more reason I need a cricket!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...just write anything!