Friday, September 24, 2010

Snow Blossom Peasant Dress



This is the first little peasant dress I've ever made, and I adore it so much....does that sound funny to love something you made yourself so much? Either way, it's true, I just LOVE it. She's worn it 3 times in the last week that it's been made. I washes up beautifully....Im just happy! In fact all these pictures were taken after it had been worn and washed a couple of times!




The pattern is from Heidi and Finn. They are my FAVORITE pdf patterns EVER! I have bought several patterns from etsy, but these just make me giddy! They are super fast, easy and clear to understand.




I also made a little diaper cover from MADE. The next one I make I will do the waist a little smaller, I guess I have a skinnier baby then I realized. I should have measured her waist, but since I do most of my sewing when kids are asleep, it just didnt happen. They still fit, just big at the waist.



I also made her a little matching fabric rosette hairbow.



I love that the waist band tie and the diaper cover match....It was the perfect amount of polka dots.






Love,

4 comments:

  1. LOVE the fabric choice... And thanks for the tip on Heidi and Finn, they have great stuff and I have never heard of them before. I am also laughing because i just bought some fabric for a halloween bunting. I am waiting to get my moms Circut from my sis to finish it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love Love Love that dress. It is SO cute! It almost makes me want to sew one for Malia. I wish I had the time. Parlee is getting so big! What a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute - I just checked out the etsy store and can't decide what I like the most. I think my daughter and nieces might be receiving a new dress for their birhtdays this year. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...just write anything!