Thursday, March 25, 2010

The answer

Remember the bolt of fabric I showed you yesterday....

Well these cute labels, made generously by Susan at sweetwater will be going on the fabric.



It's Trek time in our ward.

Trek is a 3 day 50 mile hike that helps the youth in my church 'mimick' what it must have been like for the pioneers to travel west.

They dress in pioneer outfits, dresses, aprons, bonnets at all.

The pull handcarts.

And sleep under the stars.

It's strenuos and hard. I remember doing it as a youth.



All this fabric will be used to make aprons and bonnets for the 14-18 year old girls.
My mom and I are going to help them sew their own.

And no finished project is complete without a label....or at least that's how I feel now!
So I talked to sweetwater, and these cute little labels were made for them, so that they can remember the

Trek of 2010!

Thanks to Janae, and Barb at Quilted Works for donating fabric....Luckily I didn't have to buy too much.

And Sweetwater for donating labels!

I know the girls at least will be some pretty styling pioneers!

The boys, well they are on there own ;-)



I'll have picture next month, when the girls start sewing up there outfits!

I just wanted to point out two spots for Sweetwater...the place to get labels is here.
Their blog is here....and the link to my post about sweetwater is here.
Love,

2 comments:

  1. what a good thing you are doing!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea! I love that you're teaching the girls how to sew too! I'll bet you'll be inspiring the next generation of crafty bloggers in the process!
    -Sarah from Create Studio
    www.createstudio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...just write anything!